NZ Telehealth Resource Centre
Welcome to the NZ Telehealth Forum and Resource Centre. This site has guidance and resources for people who want to set up, improve or use a telehealth service within New Zealand. This resource centre is a joint initiative of Mobile Health and the New Zealand Telehealth Forum.
- 27th August: Webinar #7: Using telehealth for cancer care during COVID-19
- 23rd July: Webinar #6: Transforming Ontario’s health care system using virtual care
- 25th June: Webinar #5: Ensuring Effective Communication
- 11th June: Webinar #4: NZ Regulation and Legislation
- 28th May: Webinar #3: Telehealth Tech
- 14th May: Webinar #2: Equity & Improving Access
- 30th April: Webinar #1: Introduction to Telehealth in NZ
- 21st April: 'In-person' term clarified
- 20th April: Doxy.me advice for health providers - Updated pricing
- 15th April: Email update #2 - Prescribing
- 9th April: Dr Ruth Large Talks about e.prescribing
- 8th April: New rules for prescribing
- 8th April: Dr Yariv Doron talks about e.prescribing
- 7th April: Email update #1
- 6th April: Video update from Dr Ruth Large
- 3rd April: Zoom advice for health providers
- 2nd April: Provider resource page created
- 1st April: Ask a question and FAQ page created
- 30th March: COVID-19 Security, Hardware, Implementation pages created
- 23rd March: COVID-19 Guide for Health Providers
The New Zealand Health System faces real challenges in relation to the demands placed upon it by an aging population facing increasingly complex medical problems. In addition, there is an ongoing need to ensure equity of access to healthcare for all New Zealanders. We believe that telehealth, thoughtfully applied to the right clinical situation, enables the delivery of better, more cost-effective healthcare.
Our goal has been to bring together guidance and resources that should make doing so more efficient and effective, offering you the support you need as you go. We offer ongoing support at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is the use of information or communication technology to deliver health or medical care from a distance. Learn more here.Find out More >
A lot of factors contribute to a successful telehealth implementation. The following resources which have been localised for NZ will help guide you.Find out More >
Telehealth in Action
Waikato Renal Unit
The Waikato DHB renal service covers the Waikato area but also from coast to coast all the way from Raglan on the west coast all the way to Gisborne on the east coast. The service operates a hub and spoke model where the central hospital delivers the main care and we do outreach clinics in peripheral sites such as Gisborne, Whakatane, Tauranga, Rotorua, and Thames.