NZ Telehealth Resource Centre
Welcome to the NZ Telehealth Forum and Resource Centre. This site has guidance and resources for people who want to set up, improve or use a telehealth service within New Zealand.
NZ Telehealth Forum
The NZ Telehealth Forum is a group which includes clinicians, consumers, policymakers, planning and funding managers, ICT experts and industry representatives. Our vision is that telehealth is embedded across the health sector as a sustainable way to deliver healthcare in New Zealand. Our mission is to provide leadership in the use of sustainable models of care enabled by telehealth that supports equitable, patient-centred care. More information is available here.
The NZ Telehealth Resource Centre
The NZ Telehealth Resource Centre brings together guidance and resources that support health providers to implement and grow their telehealth services. In addition to the growing range of resources on this website, we have a regular newsletter and webinar series. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific advice or support.
- 24 February 2022: Webinar #22 What does telehealth look like in 2022 for primary care
- 7 December 2021: Webinar #21 New and emerging healthcare innovation
- 27th October 2021: Webinar #20 Telemonitoring
- 30th September 2021: Webinar #19 Improving Maori health gains
- 26th August 2021: Webinar #18 Telehealth and disability
- 4th August 2021: Webinar #17 Zoom Zoom zap
- 24th June 2021: Webinar #16 Telehealth providers
- 3rd June 2021: Webinar #15 Mental health
- 29th April 2021: Webinar #14 International leaders
- 25th March 2021: Webinar #13 Telehealth in primary&community settings
- 11th February 2021: Webinar #12 Back to basics
- 3rd December 2020: Webinar #11: What I learnt in 2020
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is the use of information or communication technology to deliver health or medical care from a distance. Learn more here.Find out More >
A lot of factors contribute to a successful telehealth implementation. The following resources which have been localised for NZ will help guide you.Find out More >
Delivering virtual health care a positive experience
Dr Michelle Downie has been using telehealth since the beginning of the pandemic last year and says delivering health care remotely has exceeded her expectations. “I was initially unsure if I could do it successfully, but after a good six months of using telehealth consistently, I found there were only a couple of follow up patients who I really needed to see in-person subsequent to their remote consultation. I was surprised there was such a low proportion of people where I couldn’t do what I needed to do over a phone or video call.