NZ Telehealth Resource Centre
Welcome to the NZ Telehealth Forum and Resource Centre. This site has guidance and resources for people who want to set up, improve or use a telehealth service within New Zealand.
NZ Telehealth Forum
The NZ Telehealth Forum is a group which includes clinicians, consumers, policymakers, planning and funding managers, ICT experts and industry representatives. Our vision is that telehealth is embedded across the health sector as a sustainable way to deliver healthcare in New Zealand. Our mission is to provide leadership in the use of sustainable models of care enabled by telehealth that supports equitable, patient-centred care. More information is available here.
The NZ Telehealth Resource Centre
The NZ Telehealth Resource Centre brings together guidance and resources that support health providers to implement and grow their telehealth services. In addition to the growing range of resources on this website, we have a regular newsletter and webinar series. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific advice or support.
- 24 February 2022: Webinar #22 Primary Care
- 7 December 2021: Webinar #21 New and emerging healthcare innovation
- 27th October 2021: Webinar #20 Telemonitoring
- 30th September 2021: Webinar #19 Improving Maori health gains
- 26th August 2021: Webinar #18 Telehealth and disability
- 4th August 2021: Webinar #17 Zoom Zoom zap
- 24th June 2021: Webinar #16 Telehealth providers
- 3rd June 2021: Webinar #15 Mental health
- 29th April 2021: Webinar #14 International leaders
- 25th March 2021: Webinar #13 Telehealth in primary&community settings
- 11th February 2021: Webinar #12 Back to basics
- 3rd December 2020: Webinar #11: What I learnt in 2020
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is the use of information or communication technology to deliver health or medical care from a distance. Learn more here.Find out More >
A lot of factors contribute to a successful telehealth implementation. The following resources which have been localised for NZ will help guide you.Find out More >
Newsletter October 2021
NZ Telehealth - October Update Tēnā koutou katoa I trust this newsletter finds you well and having a small respite from the huge amount of mahi that I know you are all doing. It has been a busy few months for the NZ Telehealth Forum with a growing membership and working groups settling into their groove. We had a great reception from the GP Conference in Wellington, which was a good opportunity to catch up with clinicians in-person and talk with them about concerns regarding privacy, security and perceived threats on workforce and income.