Step 2: Investigate Technology and Resources
Before you can develop a business case for a telehealth programme, you need to be clear about what technology you need and the associated costs.
Along with the costs of the technical equipment, there will be less visible costs. These include staffing and general running costs, maintenance contracts and high-speed network connections. You need to investigate these costs before writing your business case.
Consider these questions:
- Which telehealth services has our organisation decided to provide to the community?
- What type of technology is required to run these services? More information
- Do we already own any of the equipment required?
- What are the costs of purchasing new equipment to start a telehealth programme?
- Do we need to hire extra staff to support such a programme and if so, what would be their estimated annual salary?
- What is the estimated demand for the telehealth services we would provide?
Investigate Technology, Costs & Training PDF Version | Word Version