Health Care Home National Collaborative and Victoria University
Forced change for delivery of primary health care during lockdown from in-person to telehealth/remote care. There was a lack of data collection on patient experiences of health care during lockdown.
- Most consultations with primary care in-person
- Phone triage had been occurring in Health Care Homes and some phone consults for known or minor health issues
- Around two thirds of practices were offering a patient portal in 2019
- Around 20% of patients at these practices were registered to use the portal
- 4% were using video conferencing
- 21% offered open notes
- 65% offered access to laboratory results.
- 86% of survey respondents had contact with primary care during lockdown. Of these:
- 85% made contact by phone
- 30% made contact through an online portal or website
- 26% visited the clinic
- 15% made contact by email
- 61% had a telephone consult
- 5% had a video consult.